1. "S is for Save the Planet" (Sleeping Bear Press, ages 6-10) by Bard Herzog, illustrated by Linda Holt Ayriss.
2. "Insiders: Rain Forests" (Simon & Schuster, ages 8-12) by Richard C. Vogt.
3. "The Butterful and the Grasshoppers Feast" (Candle-wick Press, all ages) by William Plomer, illustrated by Alan Aldridge.
4."101 Ways You Can Save the Planet Before You're 12!" (Sterling, ages 6-up) by Joanne O'Sullivan.
5. "Earth Day, Ready-to-Read" (Simon & Schuster, ages 4-6) by Margaret McNamara, illustrated by Mike Gordon.
6."We are Extremely Very Good Recyclers" (Penguin, ages 6-9) based on characters created by Lauren Child.
7. "Michael Recycle Meets Litterbug Doug" (Worthwhile Books, ages 4-8) by Eille Bethel, illustrated by Alexander Colombo.
8. "Earth in the Hot Seat, Bulletins from a Warming World" ( National Geographic, ages 9-12) by Marfe Ferguson Delano. ***** Highly recommended.One more thing Please have your children visit and bookmark " Kids for Saving the Earth!!"
The mission of KSE is to educate, inspire, and empower children to protect the Earth's environment. KSE Worldwide provides action-oriented educational materials to kids, families, groups, classrooms and schools. http://www.kidsforsavingearth.org/