Wednesday, December 17, 2008

U.S. must first look after own interests

S.E. Bledsoe writes,

The administration finally admitted that we are in a recession. I thought that we were in a recession in 2005. The causes are many and varied.
About 30 years ago, when I saw the rundown steel mills of Youngstown, Ohio, and Pittsburgh, I concluded that we were on the way out of business as a nation. When President Bill Clinton approved NAFTA and GATT, I knew, as he did, that these agreements would be the undoing of our economy. Barack Obama made the statement that we would need to continue trading with Communist China. I would like to ask him his reasoning for this kind of remark.
I saw this downturn coming a long time ago; why did not the experts see it? We are now in depression, and no one seems to acknowledge it, take responsibility for it or have any idea what to do about it.
We will have to discontinue taking care of the whole world and look after our own interests by trading dollar for dollar instead of lopsided as is now the case. We will also need to quit throwing money away on wars with no goal in mind and no visible results except loss of many young men and crippling of many more. There may be a need to discontinue some of our domestic welfare programs. We must find a way to expel all illegal aliens and discontinue giving them welfare.
Even if we take drastic measures to deal with the economic situation, it is doubtful if we will come out of it in 10 years. I don't like this situation, nor do I like to think this way. However, until we quit allowing the CFR and WTO to rule our government, we will never be strong and vibrant as we once were.

My thoughts: Send Mr. Bledsoe to Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always welcome.